Celebrate 100 years by walking 100 miles around Leicestershire.
We would like to invite units to walk as much or as little of the Leicestershire Round as they wish, but a minimum of 1 mile must be walked to gain the specially designed badge.
You can walk at any time during the 12th – 25th June, during the day, replace an evening meeting or during the weekend. We are hoping to have a couple of led walks across some of the more challenging areas. These will be advertised closer to the event.
Some things to think about before you sign up…….
- Is the walk leader competent following the route description / map
- Is the walk leader confident to navigate in poor weather
- Do you have up to date first aid training
- Do you have a competent assistant, who could take over from walk leader?
The organising team will provide you with…..
- An opportunity to take part in a basic training session
- Information sheet on your part of the route
- Spotter sheets
- Generic walking risk assessment, you will need to complete your own specific risk assessment.
How to book….
Decide which leg you want to walk – see the list on the right
You can complete as many sections as you wish.
State the date you will be walking
State how many badges you require, and enclose a cheque. Badges are £1 each
Badges will be distributed via Division / District meetings.
Please send questions to Sam Harrold