We would love everyone in Girlguiding Leicestershire to blog so here is a short how to guide about the things you need to know.
Remember your blog could be about anything and everything! We want to shout about everyday guiding activities from meetings to all the exciting things your unit is up, to what the county teams are doing behind the scenes or what happened at an event near you. This could be in the form of a written post, a poem, a video (or a vlog) or a collection of photos.
To submit to our blog complete the form here. Once you have received confirmation of your request head to our submission page here and voila your post will appear as if by magic.
We’ve also created some handy tips and tricks so your blog post is as amazing as you are!
- If you just want to post photos or a video, that’s fine, please remember to gain photo permission for all members within the photos. If you have any doubt do not share the image. If your photo/video includes those over 14 years of age get their consent to share.
Handy Photo Tips:
- Natural images that represent positive behaviour and relationships are the best.
- Don’t show girls on their own, looking isolated or always looking at the camera for a posed photo.
- Action photos are better than posed photos.
- Do show girls engaged in activities working in groups or laughing with each other
- Photos and videos can be submitted in all formats (from JPEGs or PNGs or YouTube video link or a MPEG/MOV etc.).
- Within your post, do not use full names of members or other information which could identify individuals.
- Do not leave writing your post until the last minute – be realistic about how long it could take you to write your post and collate your photos after an event.
- Remember to write your post using the font Trebuchet MS
If you have any queries about blogging let us know and we’ll happily help you out!
We look forward to reading about all your exciting and fantastic adventures you are up to during the Centenary.
Tuesday, January 03, 2017 9:00:00 AM